Analysis and Design of WDM/TDM Networks
The application supports the analysis of WDM/TDM networks in terms of resource utilization and service quality as well as their topology design and resource dimensioning.
Following features distinguish the application:
- Calculate utilization of links based on present and future bandwidth demands
- Find possible capacity bottlenecks
- Check channels on WDM/TDM topology for completeness, correctness and for path diversity
- Check/provide wavelengths for continuity
- Find shortest paths under given constraints such as existing capacities, shared risk groups, positioning, subnetworks, etc.
- Allocate positions to individual channels
- Emulate failures of links and points for detecting shared risk groups
- Calculate end-to-end delays and availabilities
- Calculate capacities of multiplex sections
- Configure network elements by hardware modules