Technical Cost Modeling
NetWorks Technical Cost-Modeling supports strategic decisions by translating coverage and capacity targets from marketing into technical network topologies. The generated results support reducing investment risk by providing detailed information on the spatial and temporal distribution of required capacity.
Transforming strategic business objectives into CAPEX and OPEX plans, broken down to individual network elements, enables complex dependencies between marketing assumptions and required network capacities to be worked out. Consideration of existing infrastructure in its geographic context is a key feature of this solution.
Automated network calculation ensures fast and reliable planning results, especially when examining what-if scenarios. The use of GIS data enables the consideration of inhomogeneous distributions of network elements and market demand. The goal is to reduce the investment costs for network expansion as well as the running costs for network operation in the long run.
Following features distinguish the application:
- Inclusion of existing infrastructure with detailed configuration of individual network elements
- Consideration of inhomogeneous geographical user distributions
- End-to-end modeling of services across all network layers
- Determination of the most profitable combination of technologies in mobile and fixed communication networks for the services provided
- Definition and calculation of what-if scenarios
- Graphical and tabular output of results
- Import and export for many data formats
Would you like to know more about the topic?
Profiting with NetWorks